The Minnesota Stormwater Steering Committee had its genesis in the Stormwater Design Team, which began its activities in September 2003. Discussion within this team led to the recognition that a state-sponsored stormwater manual was needed to provide guidance for the many practitioners trying to make their way through a complicated stormwater management program in the state.
The Stormwater Design Team evolved into the Minnesota Stormwater Steering Committee, which initiated the production of this Minnesota Stormwater Manual. Preparation of the manual was guided by the committee’s Manual Subcommittee. The following individuals were involved in the initiation, preparation, or review of this document:
State of Minnesota Authorized Representative
- Brian Livingston, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency Stormwater Coordinator
Manual Subcommittee (in frequent attendance)
- Jack Frost, subcommittee co-chair, Metropolitan Council
- Judy Sventek, subcommittee co-chair, Metropolitan Council
- John Chapman, University of Minnesota
- Roger Clay, Earth Tech/Minnesota Chamber of Commerce
- Steve Colvin, Minnesota Dept. of Natural Resources
- Brad Erickson, Minnesota Dept. of Health
- Colleen Erickson, Minnesota Dept. of Health
- Mike Findorff, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Lou Flynn, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Andrea Hendrickson, Minnesota Dept. of Transportation
- Don Jakes, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Steve Klein, Barr Engineering
- Peter Leete, Minnesota Dept. of Natural Resources and
- Minnesota Dept. of Transportation Liaison
- Brian Mundstock, Sunde Engineering/Builders Association of the Twin Cities
- Paul Nelson, HDR/Minnesota Chamber of Commerce
- Jay Riggs, Washington County SWCD
- Joel Schilling, Schilling Consultant Services
- Dwayne Stenlund, Minnesota Dept. of Transportation
- Dale Thompson, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Brett Troyer, Minnesota Dept. of Transportation
- Bruce Wilson, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Daniel McLean, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
Consultant Team Managers
- Gary Oberts, project manager, Emmons and Olivier Resources (EOR)
- Tom Schueler, manager, Center for Watershed Protection (CWP)
Emmons and Olivier Resources, Inc.
- Brad Aldrich
- Kevin Biehn, R.L.A., CPESC
- Kent Brander
- Christa Bren
- Camilla Correll, P.E.
- Amy Finseth
- Jonathan Hoekenga
- Kristen Larson
- Jay Michels, CPESC
- Tom Miller
- Beth Nixon, P.W.S.
- Cecilio Olivier, P.E.
- Jennifer Olson, P.G.
- Joel Peterson, Ph.D.
- Jodi Polzin, P.E.
- Sheila Sahu, P.E.
- Shannon Skally
- Lisa Tilman
Center for Watershed Protection
- Ted Brown, P.E.
- Sally Hoyt
- Jennifer Zielinski, P.E.
Web Development Team (2012)
- Mary Davy, No Stress Gardening
- Sharon Doucette, City of Woodbury
- Andrea Hendrickson, Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Karen Jensen, Metropolitan Council
- Douglas Snyder, Mississippi Watershed management Organization