Note: This inspection checklist is an option for small construction sites. Large construction sites and linear projects require more extensive/more location specific inspection requirements. This inspection report does not address all aspects of the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System/State Disposal System (NPDES/SDS) Construction Stormwater permit (Permit) issued on August 1, 2013. The completion of this checklist does not guarantee that all permit requirements are in compliance; it is the responsibility of the Permittee(s) to read and understand the permit requirements.
Is the inspector trained in sediment and erosion control and is it documented in the Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP)? ☐ Yes ☐ No
Is this inspection routine or in response to a storm event: ☐ 7 day ☐ Rain
Rainfall amount (if applicable):______________________________________
Is site within one aerial mile of special or impaired water that can potentially receive discharge from the site? ☐ Yes ☐ No
If yes, follow Appendix A and other applicable permit requirements.
Note: If NA is selected at any time, specify why in the comment area for that section.
Yes No NA 1. Are soils stabilized where no construction activity has occurred for 14 days (including stockpiles)? (7 days where applicable, or 24 hours during Minnesota Department of Natural Resources [DNR] Fish Spawning restrictions) Yes ☐ No ☐ NA ☐
2. Has the need to disturb steep slopes been minimized? Yes ☐ No ☐ NA ☐
3. If steep slopes are disturbed, are stabilization practices designed for steep slopes used? Yes ☐ No ☐ NA ☐
4. All ditches/swales stabilized 200’ back from point of discharge or property edge within 24 hours? (Mulch, hydromulch, tackifier, or similar best management practices (BMPs) are not acceptable in ditches/swales) Yes ☐ No ☐ NA ☐
5. Do pipe outlets have energy dissipation (within 24 hours of connection)? Yes ☐ No ☐ NA ☐
6. Is construction phasing being followed in accordance with the SWPPP? Yes ☐ No ☐ NA ☐
7. Are areas not to be disturbed marked off (flags, signs, etc.)? Yes ☐ No ☐ NA ☐
8. Are diversion conveyance channels used around unstabilized areas unless infeasible? Yes ☐ No ☐ NA ☐