Industrial Stormwater Permit Information
Visit the Stormwater program for industrial activity webpage to learn about the latest requirements, training workshop information, permit reissuance details and more!
Industrial Stormwater Digital Document Library Digital Document Library
The Industrial Stormwater Digital Document Library provides guidance to help industrial stormwater facility staff meet the requirements of the industrial stormwater permit and assist with overall stormwater management. In addition to general guidance documents, the Digital Document Library has example documents that stormwater staff are using to manage their stormwater discharges. Common examples of documents in the library include:
- inspection and checklists and forms
- site plan review checklists
- guidance documents & resources
- standard operating procedures
All documents in the Digital Document Library are available for all site users to download and use. MPCA staff tries to ensure their compliance with the industrial stormwater prior to posting in the Digital Document Library Be sure to read the industrial stormwater permit to ensure you are in compliance with the permit requirements.
Industrial Stormwater Permit Information Access
Use this database to find detailed facility information about industrial stormwater facilities, including basic compliance information.
Industrial Stormwater Steps to Compliance
Industrial Stormwater e-Newsletters
- 2020 permit reissuance: dates and updates
- New industrial stormwater workshop!
- New staff to the industrial stormwater program:
- From the manager’s desk: what does 25 years of collaboration and cooperation look like?
- Sampling requirements: are you finished with monitoring?
- Annual Report deadline reminder
- 2017 annual reports are available!
- Register now for an upcoming industrial stormwater training workshop
- Maximizing stormwater BMPs for phosphorus removal webinar
- Industrial stormwater training opportunity!
- New facility contacts? Let us know!
- Stormwater improvements: Success stories wanted
- Featured article: How's the water?
- Breweries and distilleries: Do you need permit coverage?
- Hennepin County hazardous waste inspectors helping businesses, Minnesota’s waters
- MPCA permit file reviews: A compliance check
- Tips and tricks to manage winter salt storage and save money
- Mark your calendars for the next industrial stormwater training session!
- Overdue sampling forms: Lessons learned for permittees
- Sampling form communication, tools
- U of M’s Erosion and Stormwater Management Certification Program is now on Facebook and Twitter!
- Monthly visual inspection: Tips for rain event inspections
- We want to hear from you!
Other helpful information:
Technical guidance and information
Program contact information:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call the stormwater hotline: 651-757-2119 or 800-657-3804 (non-metro only)
- Engineering questions Brian Schweiss, 651-757-2709
- Fees contact: email@example.com
- Contact program staff: David Bodovinitz, 507-206-2654, Melissa Wenzel, 651-757-2816, Mary West, 651-757-2818
- Report a facility with compliance problems by using the Online Citizen Complaint form.