NOTE: you have arrived at a step in the Design Sequence Flow Chart. This flow chart is used to determine your performance goal. For more information see this link
Do any of the following conditions apply? (NOTE: If any condition applies, you do not need to answer the remaining questions.)
- The site is located within a DWSMA, wellhead protection area or within 200 feet of a drinking water well and Can a Local Government Unit (LGU) provide a higher level of engineering review to ensure a functioning system that prevents adverse impacts to groundwater.
- Karst is present within 1000 feet up-gradient or 100 feet down-gradient of the site, a local unit of government cannot provide a higher level of engineering review to ensure a functioning system that prevents adverse impacts to groundwater, and the BMP cannot be reloacted so that it is more than 1000 feet from karst.
- Shallow groundwater or shallow bedrock is present within 3 feet of the bottom of the BMP and the BMP cannot be relocated or raised in elevation to achieve a 3 foot or greater separation from bedrock or groundwater.
- Contaminated soil, contaminated groundwater, or hotspot runoff is present on the site and cannot be isolated or mitigated.
- Soils on the site have an infiltration rate of less than 0.2 inches per hour, the BMP cannot be relocated to areas with a higher infiltration rate, the BMP cannot be sized to drain within 48 hours (24 hours in locations that are tributary to trout streams), and flexible Treatment Option 1 is not feasible.
- Soils on the site have an infiltration rate greater than 8 inches per hour, the BMP cannot be relocated to an area with an infiltration rate lower than 8 inches per hour, or the subgrade cannot be modified to slow the infiltration rate to less than 8 inches per hour
You determined that flexible Treatment option 1 is feasible.