- Brown, R.A. and Hunt, W.F. 2010. Impacts of construction activity on bioretention performance. Journal of Hydrologic Engineering. 15(6):386-394.
- Erickson, A.J., P.T. Weiss, and J.S. Gulliver. 2013. Optimizing Stormwater Treatment Practices: A Handbook of Assessment and Maintenance. Springer Publishing, New York, NY, USA.
- Gulliver, J.S., A.J. Erickson, and P.T. Weiss (editors). 2010. Stormwater Treatment: Assessment and Maintenance. University of Minnesota, St. Anthony Falls Laboratory. Minneapolis, MN.
- Hatt, B.E., Steinel, A., Deletic, A., and Fletcher, T.D. 2011. Retention of heavy metals by stormwater filtration systems: Breakthrough analysis. Water, Science, and Technology. 64(9):1913-1919.
- Hunt, W.F., Jarrett, A.R., Smith, J.T., and Sharkey, L.J. 2006. Evaluating bioretention hydrology and nutrient removal at three field sites in North Carolina. Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering. 132(6):600-608.
- Lefevre, G.H., P.J. Novak, R.M. Hozalski. 2012. Fate of naphthalene in laboratory-scale bioretention cells: implications for sustainable stormwater management. Environmental Science and Technology 46(2):995-1002.
- Li, H. and Davis, A.P. 2008. Heavy metal capture and accumulation in bioretention media. Environmental Science & Technology. 42:5247-5253.
- Morgan, J.G., K.A. Paus, R.M. Hozalski and J.S. Gulliver. 2011. Sorption and Release of Dissolved Pollutants Via Bioretention Media. SAFL Project Report No. 559. September 2011.
- North Carolina Department of Environment and Natural Resources. 2009. NCDENR Stormwater BMP Manual – Section 14, Grassed Swale.
- O’Neill, S.W. and Davis, A.P. 2012. Water treatment residual as a bioretention amendment for phosphorus. I: Evaluation studies. Journal of Environmental Engineering. 138(3), 318-327.
- Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation (VA DCR). 2011. Virginia DCR Stormwater Design Specification No. 3 – Grass Channels. Version 1.8, March 1, 2011. Division of Soil and Water Conservation. Richmond, VA.
- Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation (VA DCR). 2011. Virginia DCR Stormwater Design Specification No. 10 – Dry Swales. Version 1.9, March 1, 2011. Division of Soil and Water Conservation. Richmond, VA.
/* Manually replaced by abbott Aug 6 '21 */