Because of the large number of references on the topic of harvest and use, references correspond with the different sections of the harvest and use section of the manual.
- Alan Plummer Associates, Inc. 2010. Stormwater Harvesting Guidance Document for Texas Water Development Board.
- Hatt, B. E., A. Deletic, and T. D. Fletcher. 2006. Integrated Treatment and Recycling of Stormwater: A Review of Australian Practice. Journal of Environmental Management 79, no. 1: 102–113.
- Metropolitan Council. 2011. Stormwater Reuse Guide. Prepared by CDM Smith, Short Elliott Hendrickson (SEH), and Hoisington Koegler Group.
- National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (NAS). 2015. Using Graywater and Stormwater to Enhance Local Water Supplies: An Assessment of Risks, Costs, and Benefits. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press. Prepublication Copy.
- Natural Resource Management Ministerial Council, Environment Protection and Heritage Council, and National Health and Medical Research Council. 2009. Australian Guidelines for Water Recycling: Managing Health and Environmental Risks (Phase 2) - Stormwater Harvesting and Reuse.
- North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality (NCDEQ). April 2014. North Carolina Stormwater BMP Manual. Chapter 25. Rainwater Harvesting. (Draft document).
- United States Environmental Protection Agency. 2004. Guidelines for Water Reuse. EPA 625/R-04/108. USEPA, Cincinnati, OH.
- United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA). June 2008. Indoor Water Use in the US. EPA Water Sense. Doc ID: EPA-832-F-06-004.
- United State Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA). September 2012. 2012 Guideline for Water Reuse. Document ID EPA/600/R-12/618.