PART II. COVERAGE UNDER THIS PERMIT
This permit, including appendices, authorizes discharges of stormwater from a Large Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System as defined in 40 CFR § 122.26(b)(4) and described in the Permittee’s Stormwater Management Program in accordance with the requirements of this permit. This permit does not exempt or otherwise preclude the Permittee from complying with the requirements of Watershed Districts, Watershed Management Organizations, the County, or any other local, state, or federal rules and regulations.
B. Limitations on Coverage
- This permit does not authorize discharges other than stormwater. Non-stormwater discharges may include: combined sewer overflow, noncontact cooling water, sewage, wash water, scrubber water, spills, oil, hazardous substances, fill, commercial equipment and/or vehicle cleaning and maintenance wastewaters. A separate NPDES permit may be required for these discharges.
- This permit does not authorize the discharge of stormwater when a separate NPDES permit is required for these activities. For example, while stormwater from construction activity may be discharged from a municipal separate storm sewer system with authorized stormwater discharges, this permit does not replace or satisfy any other permits required for those discharges.
- This permit authorizes only discharges by the Permittee from the portions of the storm sewer system that are under its operational control.
- This permit does not allow new or expanded discharges unless the Permittee is in compliance with the requirements of Minn. R. ch. 7050.
- This permit does not authorize the following discharges unless the requirements of Appendix C are met:
- Discharges into wetlands as defined in Minn. R. 7050.0186.
- Discharges requiring environmental review as provided by Minn. Stat. ch. 116D and 42 U.S.C. §§ 4321 – 4370f.
- Discharges affecting threatened or endangered species or their habitat.
- Discharges affecting historic or archeological sites.
- Discharges affecting source water protection areas as provided by (Minn. R. 4720.5100 – 4720.5590).
- This permit does not authorize stormwater discharges from any municipal facility where stormwater discharge is authorized under another individual NPDES/SDS permit or other industry-specific general NPDES/SDS permit.
C. Obtaining Authorization
- The Permittee shall submit, within 180 days of the permit issuance date, a revised Stormwater Management Program , including a revised stormwater monitoring and analysis program as required under Part V.C.7 that meets the requirements of this permit.
- In accordance with the procedures of this permit and the requirements of Minn. R. ch. 7001, the MPCA shall provide public notice with the opportunity for hearing on the Commissioner’s determination of intent to approve or deny the revised Stormwater Management Program. The MPCA will provide public and MPCA comments to the Permittee. The Permittee will have the opportunity to respond to the comments prior to the MPCA making a final determination.
- The Commissioner will make a final determination on the revised Stormwater Management Program in accordance with Minn. R. ch. 7001.
- Upon approval by the Commissioner, the Permittee is authorized to discharge stormwater from the Permittee’s municipal separate storm sewer system under the terms and conditions of this permit and the revised Stormwater Management Program.