- Axler, R. (n.d.) How Much Salt is a Problem?. Lake Superior Duluth Streams.
- Fortin Consulting Inc. 2006. Parking Lot and Sidewalk Maintenance for Reduced Environmental Impacts (2005-2006). Funded by a Minnesota Pollution Control P2 grant.
- Hosseini, F., Hossain, S. M. K., Fu, L., Gabriel, P.S., and van Seters, T. 2015. Clear Roads Research Study: Field Evaluation of Organic Materials for Winter Snow and Ice Control. Transportation Research Board 94th Annual Meeting. Paper 15-4555.
- LRRB. (2012). Minnesota snow and ice control: Field handbook for snowplow operators. Minnesota Local Road Research Board, St. Paul, MN.
- Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. 2004. Healthy Rivers: a Water Course.
- MPCA. 2013. The condition of Minnesota’s groundwater, 2007-2011. Minnesota Pollution Control Agency, St. Paul, MN.
- MPCA. 2015. Twin Cities Metropolitan Area Chloride Management Plan - Draft. Minnesota Pollution Control Agency,St. Paul, MN.
- MPCA. 2015. Twin Cities Metropolitan Area Chloride Total Maximum Daily Load. Minnesota Pollution Control Agency, St. Paul, MN.
- National Geographic. (n.d.) Freshwater Crisis.
- Sander, A., E. Novotny, O. Mohseni, H.G. Stefan. 2007. Inventory of Road Salt Uses in the Minneapolis/St. Paul Metropolitan Area. University of Minnesota St. Anthony Falls Laboratory Engineering, Environmental and Geophysical Fluid Dynamics. Report No. 503. Prepared for Minnesota Department of Transportation.
- Stefan, H., Novotny, E., Sander, A., and Mohseni, O. 2008. Study of Environmental Effects of Deicing Salt on Water Quality in the Twin Cities Metropolitan Area, Minnesota. Minnesota Department of Transportation. Report No. MN/RC 2008-42.
- Sohanghpurwala, A. A. 2008.. Cost of Winter Maintenance on Infrastructure. [Power Point Presentation]. Brooklyn Center, MN: Seventh Annual Road Salt Symposium.
/* Manually replaced by abbott Aug 6 '21 */