Information: We have begun adding hover box (mouse over) text so users can see the contents on a particular page. Hover your mouse over the bolded text See contents next to each link below to see the contents on the linked page.
Taking advantage of the wiki technology, we continue to update this manual as resources allow. We continue to value your input. If you have comments or suggestions on the format please send them to us using the Help Improve this Page
box at the bottom of most pages or send an email to Mike Trojan at the MPCA.
Welcome to the Minnesota Stormwater Manual website. This website was developed using Mediawiki, a wiki application that allows for easy editing and that has powerful search abilities. See Introduction to the wiki for more information.
Introduction to the Minnesota Stormwater Manual
Stormwater concepts and stormwater management
Stormwater control practices (Best Management Practices)
Stormwater Best Management Practices. Mouse hover over an i
box to read a description of the practice, or click on an i
box to go to a page on the practice.
By treatment mechanism
Models, calculations, methodologies, pollutant removal, credits
Communications and outreach
Stormwater research and education
- Minnesota Stormwater Manual photo galleries
- Plant information
- Images, CAD drawings: Includes links to CAD drawings, photos, schematics, graphs, and other images
- Links to other stormwater manuals
- Miscellaneous information: Contains references, forms, links, issue papers
- Glossary (definitions)
- BMP terminology
- Conversion units
- References from the original manual. NOTE: Newer reference lists are associated with topics on individual pages in the manual.
- Protecting Water Quality in Urban Areas: Best Management Practices for Dealing with Storm Water Runoff from Urban, Suburban, and Developing Areas of Minnesota