Main page for engineered media
Main page for soil
Soils affect stormwater and stormwater management in two ways.
- Soil is a source of sediment and associated pollutants (e.g. metals, organic compounds) for stormwater runoff.
- Soil affects the types of stormwater management practices that can be implemented at a site (e.g. potential for infiltration, vegetation)
Soil serves several important functions, including but not limited to the following.
- Provide a media for vegetation
- Retain pollutants
- Promote biologic activity, including degradation of some pollutants
- Control air and water storage and transport
- Capture and retain carbon
- Well managed soils minimize erosion and prevent compaction
This page contains links to pages that provide technical information on soils and media.
Pages in category "Level 2 - Technical and specific topic information/soils and media"
The following 34 pages are in this category, out of 34 total.